California State Controller’s Office: Financial Fitness and Consumer Protection
Financial Fitness and Consumer Protection
The California State Controller’s primary job is to guard the state’s fiscal health. However, State Controller Betty Yee is equally concerned about the financial – and physical – well-being of individual Californians. She has compiled resources to help people make the most of their personal finances, from opening a first bank account, entering or re-entering the workforce, or planning for a long-term savings goal. The information available on these web pages also may help you prepare for and manage a financial crisis.
Controller Yee encourages you to choose from the topics below to learn about becoming a more financially fit Californian!
Add the Financial Fitness logo button to your website by following these instructions.
Consumer Protection-Related Boards and Commissions
- California Clean Water, Clean Air, Safe Neighborhood Parks, and Coastal Protection Act Finance Committee
- Disaster Preparedness and Flood Prevention Bond Finance Committee
- Earthquake Safety and Public Buildings Rehabilitation Finance Committee
- Highway Safety, Traffic Reduction, Air Quality, and Port Security Committee
- Safe, Clean, Reliable Water Supply Finance Committee
- Safe Drinking Water, Water Quality and Supply, Flood Control, River, and Coastal Protection Finance Committee
- Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean Air, and Coastal Protection (Villaraigosa-Keeley Act) Finance Committee
- Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water, Watershed Protection, and Flood Protection Finance Committee
- Seismic Retrofit Finance Committee
- Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board
- Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal, and Beach Protection Act of 2002 Finance Committee