Featured Financial Education Programs: FoolProof California
6 Different Consumer Programs
Nice! Both the Consumer Federation of America and the National Association of Consumer Advocates endorse the FoolProof programs.
A free online newspaper that tells the truth about consumer issues.
Consumer advocates—not marketers—write every single article and feature on this site.
What will you learn?
- Breaking news on any consumer issue that impacts your pocketbook.
- Monthly features (with podcasts) on key consumer topics.
- “Whose Fighting For You?” — A monthly look at good consumer groups.
- Tough guides for: Home Buying / Mortgages / Cars / Identity theft and privacy.
FoolProof websites contain no advertisements and we never track or share your information with anyone.
FoolProof for High Schools
FoolProof for High Schools offers educators up to 22 hours of online, video-driven, self-grading financial literacy instruction for your classroom. And young people do all the teaching.
- 7 Basic Modules. The basic modules require seven-to-eight 45-minute lab sessions. These seven modules provide a thorough grounding in the basics of financial literacy.
- A 8th Module called “Burning Money.” Burning Money is broken into four “episodes” that require up to six 45-minute lab sessions. Burning Money immerses your students in the budgeting, saving and spending-decision process.
- Ten New Supplemental Modules. These modules cover topics from “Renting a Pad” and “Gambling” to “Charitable Giving” and “Retirement.”
You can use one “module” or you can use the entire program. The first eight modules are designed to be completed in order.
FoolProof for You, known as FoolProof Solo, is a complete financial education program for college-age people and young adults. FoolProof Solo puts you in charge of both your money and your credit. We teach you how to make wise decisions based on facts.
If you are an educator and your students are in their twenties “FoolProof Solo” should be your financial literacy tool.
The FoolProof WorkPlace program is created to help young consumers who enter the workplace directly without going to college or even graduating from high school.
The program is designed for use by instructors in special education classes, alternative high schools, career and technical schools, and charter schools.
Businesses who employ a large number of young workers may also find this program useful.
FoolProof Homeschooling, also known as FoolProof for Parents and Grandparents, is a financial education program designed for homeschooling.
The program allows parents and grandparents to sign up and monitor their kids’ work from any computer.
The program is based on the FoolProof for High Schools program and its modules provide a thorough grounding in the basics of financial literacy.
Online Consumer News for Youth
A free online youth newspaper that tells the truth about consumer issues. Consumer advocates—not marketers—write every single article and feature on this website.
This site is about helping to make you fool proof. It gives you a heads-up on the real world as you head to college or a job.