Brought to you by a United Way community partnership
Get your maximum refund and save $200 by filing your taxes online for free.
Who Qualifies: Individuals or families with a combined income under $58,000 in 2013
- Start here: www.keepyourtaxrefund.com
- All you need is a valid email address and your income forms (ex. W2, 1099, 1098, etc.)
- The filing tool costs less than $50 (Federal Return: $19.95 and State Return: $29.95) if your household makes more than $58K a year.
For those who need help in person, schedule an appointment online with a volunteer from the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
• United Way California Capital Region
• Franchise Tax Board
• Asian Resources
• Bank of America
• CHOC Housing
• City of Sacramento
• Community Link
• Goodwill Industries
• Sacramento Coalition for Working Families
• Sacramento News & Review
• Sacramento Regional Transit
• SAFE Credit Union
• Yolo Family Resource Center
• The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program is national and offers free help to people who make a limited income and need help preparing their tax returns.
• IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic tax return preparation with electronic filing. Interested in volunteering? Click here.
• Volunteers inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
• VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations.
• KeepYourTaxRefund.com is a local program that works with VITA volunteers for those who need additional help.