America Saves Week, February 25 – March 2, 2013, is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Each February, thousands of financial institutions – from large banks to small community credit unions – use America Saves Week to attract new customers, offer incentivized accounts to help people save, increase account balances, and educate individuals on the importance of saving. We encourage you to join this nation-wide movement today. By signing up for America Saves Week you will be listed as a participating organization and will receive news and updates on America Saves Week 2013.
Ready to Help Others Save?
Did You Know?
- Fewer than 50% of Americans say they have a savings plan with specific goals.
- Only 66% of Americans spend less than their income and save the difference.
- About one-third of financial institutions surveyed reported they had an increase in the number of accounts opened during America Saves Week 2011, showing that participation benefits consumers and is good for business.
- Navy Federal Credit Union reported a 73% increase in Custom Club take up during Military Saves Week promotions compared to the 2 months prior.
- Financial Institutions reached nearly 270,000 people with savings messages through tax sites and events during America Saves Week 2012.