Independent Foreclosure Review Audioconference
Join a Connecting Communities® audioconference on Tuesday, October 16 from 3:00-4:00pm Eastern to learn more about the Independent Foreclosure Review (IFR) process and how to spread the word to potentially eligible borrowers.
Thousands of current or former homeowners that were in foreclosure in 2009 or 2010 may be eligible for compensation or other remedy due to foreclosure errors. Homeowners who were in foreclosure with one of 14 large mortgage services in 2009 or 2010, and believe that they were financially harmed due to errors in the foreclosure process, can request an independent review to determine if they are eligible for compensation. The deadline for the IFR process has been extended to the end of 2012.
This audioconference will provide an overview of the history and terms of the IFR agreement, including who is eligible and how they can request a review. In addition, the session will provide information to homeowners that think they might be eligible for a review and resources for housing counselors to assist eligible homeowners. Lastly, the session will provide suggestions as to how community groups can spread the word on IFR and encourage eligible families to request an independent review.
- Staff from local, regional, and national community groups that have direct contact with former or current homeowners who may be eligible for IFR
- Current or former homeowners who may be eligible for IFR
- Housing Counselors
- Legal Aid Attorneys
- Suzanne Killian, Senior Associate Director, Division of Consumer and Community Affairs, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Ted Wartell, Director of Community Affairs Policy, Office of Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
- Tuesday, October 16, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM Pacific.
Registration is required for this audioconference. To register, go to the Connecting Communities®web site and enter your email address in the ‘Join the Call!’ box. Once registered, you will receive an email containing the call-in information.