Featured Financial Literacy Program to Highlight California Financial Literacy Month – April 2012
The CAFLM Blog will feature financial literacy programs in March and April to highlight California Financial Literacy Month, April 2012. To feature your financial literacy program, see the CAFLM Blog post dated January 31, 2012.
Today we are highlighting…
Santa Cruz Community Ventures
Santa Cruz Community Ventures’ (SCCV) financial education program promotes family financial security by introducing the principles of budgeting and the wise use of credit and saving, while also providing access to free tax preparation and affordable financial products and services through our affiliation with the Santa Cruz Community Credit Union (SCCCU).
SCCV offers free financial education to the public through workshops, one-on-one counseling, and local employers with “Workshops in the Workplace.” Contact SCCV for more information at (831) 460-2343 or email@example.com.
SCCCU is a certified Community Development Financial Institution that has been meeting the needs of low-to-moderate income people throughout Santa Cruz and northern Monterey counties for 35 years. www.scccu.org/community
Our nonprofit arm equips people with tools to achieve financial security.
- Programs for low wage earners to build assets
- Protects members from predatory lenders
- Promoting childcare for low-income families
- Building community
Financial Education & Outreach
Financial education is an effective tool to create financial security.
- See upcoming schedule
- Guidance on making a budget
- Workshops on saving and home ownership
- Education and business creation workshops
Community Partnership Lending
Programs to provide loans to people who might not qualify otherwise.
- Low rates to meet needs of under-served
- Collaboration with community nonprofits
- Loans between $2,000-$5,000
- Terms from 1-2 years
Free Tax Assistance
Helping members get their share of the $6 million in unclaimed tax credits in our community.
- Assistance with Earned Income Tax Credit
- Your credit can equal a full month’s wages
- For individuals and families
- No preparation fees
SCCCU’s Web site: www.scccu.org/community
Contact SCCV for more information at (831) 460-2343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.