What: California Financial Literacy Month Information Fair
When: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: State Capitol, South Steps (N Street), Sacramento, California
The information fair will highlight the 12th annual California Financial Literacy Month and bring together state and federal agencies and financial literacy organizations. This coordinated consumer education campaign encourages individuals throughout the state to take full advantage of free resources designed to improve financial literacy.
This year’s theme is “Helping Californians Make Informed Financial Decisions.”
Information and resources that help consumers manage money, credit, investments, and debt and learn to prevent identity theft, protect their privacy, and avoid financial scams and fraud will be shared by:
- Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) – Consumer Education and Outreach Program – www.dfi.ca.gov/caflm
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) – Consumer Services Division – www.dca.ca.gov
- Department of Corporations (DOC) – Education and Outreach Program – www.corp.ca.gov
- Department of Insurance (CDI) – Consumer Education & Outreach – www.insurance.ca.gov
- Department of Real Estate (DRE) – Financial Literacy Program – www.dre.ca.gov
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) – LifeLine Program – www.cpuc.ca.gov
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB) – Education and Outreach – www.ftb.ca.gov
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) – Consumer Response Center – http://www.fdic.gov/quicklinks/consumers.html
- The Golden One Credit Union (Golden 1) – www.golden1.com/AchieveGoals
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – Outreach and Education Program – www.irs.gov
- Bank on Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, Amador – Financial Education Committee – www.bankonsacramento.ca.gov
- SAFE Credit Union – Bank on Sacramento Partnership – www.safecu.org
- Bank of the West – www.bankofthewest.com
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling – www.clearpointcreditcounselingsolutions.org
- Opening Doors – Money Work$ – www.openingdoorsinc.org
- WeConnect – www.weconnect.net
- Wells Fargo Bank Hands On Banking – www.handsonbanking.org/en/
- California Savings Plus Program – SPPforu.com
- California Society of CPAs/CalCPA Education Foundation – www.calcpa.org
- California Community Colleges – Real Estate Education Center – www.ccsf.edu/reec
- Others have been invited. If your organization would like to table, please contact Alana Golden, email@example.com or 916-323-7012.
We hope you can join us!