Financial Aid Awareness Month
February is Financial Aid Awareness Month. With many state financial aid deadlines approaching, now is a great time to start and complete the FAFSA.
This month’s #AskFAFSA Office Hours on Twitter will be hosted by Cathy Simoneaux (@loynofinaid), Director of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at Loyola University New Orleans on February 29th at 6pm EST (3:00 Pacific). She will join @FAFSA on Twitter to answer financial aid questions.
Here’s how it works:
- Follow @FAFSA and @loynofinaid for financial aid information and tips
- Ask your questions now and during the live event on Twitter using the hashtag #AskFAFSA.
- Sample tweet: “How do I apply for a Pell Grant? #AskFAFSA”
- On February 29th at 6pm EST (3:00 Pacific), follow the Q&A live through the @FAFSA & @loynofinaid Twitter accounts
- Can’t make the live session? A summary of the live chat, including the full Q&A, will be posted on the ED.gov blog following the event.
The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It’s the form to fill out in order to apply for student grants, work-study, and loans. To receive federal student aid for the 2012-13 school year, you must complete the 2012-13 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
Complete the FAFSA online today at www.fafsa.gov.