InvestWrite, an innovative national writing competition, produced by The Stock Market Game program, adds a critical thinking component to help reinforce concepts learned in the classroom.
The Fall 2011 program has ended. Winners will be contacted by January 20, 2012. Watch for the Spring essay questions which will be posted here on January 30, 2012.
- Every student currently registered in The Stock Market Game program with a valid team login ID and password is eligible.
- Your students participate by writing essays in their grade division: Elementary (4-5), Middle School (6-8), High School (9-12).
- Every assignment introduces or relates to investment principles linked to The Stock Market Game program. Each InvestWrite assignment ties to various lessons throughout the curriculum.
- Teachers can choose to assign the InvestWrite writing assignment as an in-class or homework assignment.
- Both teachers and students will have a chance to win gift certificates, laptop computers, trips to New York (middle and high school), and other great prizes.
- Each participating student submission has a chance to be reviewed by the competition’s first round judge…you, the teacher.
- Then, as the first round judge, you select the top ten responses from each class or group of participants (based on the guidelines and directions).
- Then submit them electronically to the next round of evaluation at the national level on this website.
If you plan to participate, please help us by completing our “quick-and-easy” pre-registration form. Pre-Register Now!