Over 8 million Americans fell victim to identity theft in 2010. Don’t let it happen to you.
The National Foundation for Credit Counseling has partnered with consumer organizations, government, law enforcement, trade and others to provide resources to help us avoid identity theft.
Every day this week, the CAFLM Blog will highlight some of the information and resources from the Protect Your ID Now Web site.
Today we begin with consumer tips for families, the military, college students…
- Protecting Your Children and their Identities
- 7 Steps to Identity Theft Protection
- How to Respond to Identity Theft
- How to Avoid Identity Theft through Phishing
- 19 Online Safety Tips for ID Theft Prevention
- Beware what you Share
- Social Networking and Identity Theft
- Protecting Your Online Identity
- The Ill Effects of Medical Identity Theft
- Medical Identity Theft: How to Minimize Your Risk
- The 411 on Disposing of Your Old Cell Phone
- The Download on Disposing of Your Old Computer
- Shredded bliss: 5 steps to choosing the perfect paper shredder
- Protect Yourself against Identity Theft
- Protect Your Personal Information on Vacation
- Nine Things to Check When Shopping for Identity Services
- Should I Shred
- Records Retention
- To Freeze Or Not To freeze
- Tips to Protect Your Identity During the Holidays
- Military Personnel and Families
- College Students and Identity Theft
- Identity Theft Travel Tips
- Medical Identity Theft
- General Tips
- If You Become a Victim of Identity Theft
- OCC Fighting Identity Theft
For more information on National Protect Your Identity Week visit the Protect Your ID Now Web site.