In today’s American Banker Association’s Spirit of Banking newsletter, Jump$tart Regional Director Daniel Hebert discusses his thoughts on banks accessing classrooms to teach financial education.
Top Tips for Getting Your Bank Access to Area Schools
– From Jump$tart Regional Director Daniel Hebert
It’s a hurdle that all financial education volunteers have to cross: how to effectively reach out to local schools. We sat down with Jump$tart Coalition’s Daniel Hebert to get his top four suggestions to help get your bank into the classroom.
Hebert advises banks to:
(1) Understand the realities and pressures that teachers face in the classroom
(2) Look for teachers with a passion for financial education, which are typically those who are already incorporating personal finance into their curriculum
(3) Make the intent to only teach personal finance and not to market or push products clear
(4) To keep certain things in mind during the presentation to guarantee another invitation
Complete article is available on the ABA Website.