Shopping on the internet can be economical, convenient, and no less safe than shopping in a store or by mail. To help keep your online shopping experience a safe one:
- Know who you’re dealing with. Confirm the online seller’s physical address and phone number in case you have questions or problems.
- Know exactly what you’re buying. Read the seller’s description of the product closely, especially the fine print.
- Know what it will cost. Factor shipping and handling — along with your needs and budget — into the total cost of the order.
- Pay by credit or charge card, for maximum consumer protections.
- Check out the terms of the deal, like refund policies and delivery dates.
- Print and save records of your online transactions.
Read more at http://www.onguardonline.gov/topics/online-shopping.aspx.