2014-2015 Lights, Camera, Save! Contest
2014-2015 Contest Overview
2014-2015 Lights, Camera, Save! Video Contest Best Practices presentation. Due to a technical problem that occurred, the audio for this presentation is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How does my bank participate?
Registered banks promote the contest in the communities using customizable marketing and public relations collateral provided by the ABA or their own materials. Banks host the local or preliminary round of the contest, which will involve accepting entries and selecting a winner to compete in the national competition.
What’s in it for my bank?
- A free opportunity to demonstrate your bank’s commitment to the communities you serve.
- Free online Banker Tools with marketing materials, judging materials and support from ABA staff expert.
- National recognition through the Lights, Camera, Save! 2014-2015 List of Participating Banks online and in ABA publications.
- Publicity in news outlets and on social media for your bank as a leader in increasing financial education in your community. Your local winner and their school will also gain publicity and possibly more recognition if your local video wins at the national level. For example, the 2013 winners and their bank were featured in this New York Times article.
What’s the role of the ABA?
ABA, through its Community Engagement Foundation (ABACEF), serves as the national sponsor of the program and selects the Grand-Prize, 2nd place and 3rd Place winners from the videos that win at the local (bank) level. As the contest sponsor, ABA maintains the official rules, selects the national judging panel and provides a framework and materials to make bank participation easy and turnkey. Prizes for national winners are provided by the ABACEF. Visit Lights Camera Save.com to learn about the 2013-2014 LCS winners.
- Banks may submit one (1) video.
- Participating financial institutions that have more than one (1) location or branch in a state may submit only one winning video per state.
- Banks that have more than one location/branch in a state are responsible for coordinating, judging, and selecting (based on the criteria in the “Judging Criteria”) one winning video from among all videos submitted to that bank in a state.
- Participating financial institutions operating in multiple states may submit one (1) winning video from each state.
- Contestants must be between 13-18 years of age. Contestants may mail or e-mail their video and contestant submission form to your bank. Participating banks may accept video entries via YouTube or another video sharing website. However, ABA is unable to provide technical support with online submissions.
Questions? Contact Jeni Pastier for more information.