Featured Financial Literacy Program to Highlight California Financial Literacy Month (April 2013)
The CAFLM Blog will feature financial literacy programs in March and April to highlight California Financial Literacy Month, April 2013. To feature your financial literacy program, see the CAFLM Blog post dated February 20, 2013.
Today we are highlighting…
The FoolProof Financial Literacy Curriculum is a highly interactive, self-grading group of online lessons called “modules.” The modules teach young people about money, financial responsibility and the realities of the free enterprise system.
The FoolProof modules take the average student about twenty-two 45-minute classroom sessions to complete. There are a total of 18 different modules. You can use one, or all.
Designed to lessen your workload:
- Students register themselves, after you provide a class code.
- You can monitor an individual student or the entire class at once from your computer.
- Our software grades all tests.
- Teacher guides and daily work plans are provided for you convenience.
- The curriculum meets most state and national financial literacy guidelines and standards.
- You can assign FoolProof as homework! (Some schools require all students to complete FoolProof’s curriculum as homework.)
FoolProof’s curriculum is unique:
- We teach critical thinking skills, rather than simply teaching money skills. For instance, what good does it do to teach young people budgeting skills if they don’t know how to spend money wisely?
- FoolProof’s modules feature audio and video clips, music and game breaks. All material is geared toward the high school student and, just as important, is delivered by young people not much older than your students. Our presenters talk “to” your students, not “at” them.
- FoolProof was developed by consumer advocates, teachers and students, not by marketers. We believe our messages are the messages you would want to deliver to your own kids.
- FoolProof is free and will always be free. Is there a catch? No.
FoolProof is video driven and highly interactive.
Try FoolProof now!
Learn more about our programs and start using FoolProof today!
Mike Sheffer, FoolProof’s Director of Education