36TH ANNUAL CONSUMER AFFAIRS CONFERENCE
Helping Consumers and Students Beat
Financial and Unemployment Challenges
California State University Northridge
Thousand Oaks Room
18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330
October 27–28, 2011
7:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- New 2011 Consumer Laws
- Scamarama: Discuss and learn top consumer frauds, issues, trends
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: How is it helping consumers, agencies?
- Legal aid: Defending low-income people from bad employers, phony attorneys
- Debt and collections: Bad collection agencies and debt settlement scams
- You are hired!: Job hunting, interviewing techniques, job scams, privacy issues
- Foreclosure and loan modification fraud: Identify, report, combat
- Aging parents: Ready to care for them?
- Empowering consumers to take charge of their health and get access to health care